The mission of the Center for Women and Gender at Saint Michael's College is to promote awareness and activism around women's and gender equity issues by educating students, faculty and staff. We also support individuals by providing them with resources and referrals.
In service to the Saint Michael's community, the Center for Women and Gender:
- Provides a visible, safe and inclusive meeting space
- Collaborates with campus and community organizations to carry out a variety of educational and social programs
- Works closely with campus partners to provide quality information, resources and referrals
- Advocates for gender equality and social justice
- Supports and nurtures women leaders on campus
- Provides students with a network and support system
- Values women and individuals and celebrates their achievements and the diversities of their lives
The Center has a full kitchen, a comfortable living room, a resource library, cozy couches, a flat screen TV, computer stations, and much more. We are here to foster a creative, inspiring, relaxing and supportive environment where individuals can learn about gender issues, do homework, drink tea, challenge assumptions, meet new friends, connect with local resources, raise consciousness and build community.
To contact us or get involved, call, email or come by to visit. We're located across from the Ross Sports Center on the campus side of Route 15, directly across from the Days Inn.
For more information please contact the Center Director:
Center for Women and Gender