Vermont Academic Interlibrary Loan Code for Extended Campus Community
This code is a voluntary agreement to provide uniform guidelines for interlibrary lending and borrowing among Vermont Academic libraries dealing with academic programs offered away from the traditional academic campus. If your library is interested in being a signer of the code, please fill out the enrollment form
To accommodate the need of the extended campus community for providing interlibrary loan services.
A. In requesting materials for the extended campus community, the parent institutional library may request that materials be sent directly to the patron.
B. Each parent institutional library will have subscribed to the reciprocal code agreement and will follow the guidelines as described in Section III: Obligation to the Code.
III. OBLIGATION TO THE CODE
A. Each library subscribing to this code is responsible for adhering to the best of its ability, to ACRL standards for distance learning library services.
Responsibilities of Libraries
1. All participating libraries will have identified those patrons who are a part of the extended campus community.
2. The borrowing library will have evaluated each request to determine if it is appropriate for interlibrary loan.
3. The borrowing library will place requests on forms that provide all necessary information for filling the request including the name and address of the patron to whom the material will be sent.
4. The borrowing library will be responsible for materials once they leave the lending library. Articles and copied materials will not be returned unless otherwise specified.
5. The lending library will package materials in mailers that can be reused for returning materials and also include a return mailing label.
Maintained by Kristen Hindes