Information Literacy - Senior Thesis
Reference librarians offer the following research assistance. Stop by the reference desk for immediate assistance with:
- Selection of scholarly databases
- Location of primary source materials
- Evaluation of resources
- Guidance to reputable websites
- Assistance with proper documentation and bibliographic citations
- Obtaining materials through Interlibrary Loan
- Scheduling an appointment for a research consultation
Research Consultations. As you begin researching a topic, you are encouraged to contact a librarian. The reference librarians will consult with your regarding specialized sources,
time considerations, proper documentation, and research strategies. To schedule an appointment, contact one of the librarians listed below:
Workshops are scheduled periodically for students. To request a workshop or instruction session for a class or a small group, contact Kristen Hindes 654.2590 (firstname.lastname@example.org )
Interlibrary Loan Services are available to students to obtain materials not accessible at Saint Michael's College.
- A link to the ILL web request form is available from all library web pages
- Several databases including the First Search and EBSCOhost databases provide an ILL link from any citation.
- Materials from UVM can be requested through ILL. A courier service between the two institutions occurs at least once weekly.
- There are no charges unless you return borrowed materials late.
- The approximate time to obtain a book through ILL is 8 days; photocopies may arrive in less than a week.