Champlain College Library
STATEMENT OF AGREEMENT FOR RECIPROCAL BORROWING BETWEEN SAINT MICHAEL’S COLLEGE LIBRARY AND CHAMPLAIN COLLEGE
1. QUALIFIED BORROWERS: All full-time undergraduate students, all permanent faculty and staff and all graduate students at either institution are eligible to receive borrowing privileges at the corresponding institution.
2. VERIFICATION OF AFFILIATION: All candidates for reciprocal borrowing privileges must present a valid institutional picture ID at the time of requesting privileges. The schools will confirm the current status of the applicant through either printed lists of eligible students and employees provided each semester or verification in the CatCard/KnightCard/ChamplainIDCard database.
3. MATERIALS SUBJECT TO RECIPROCAL BORROWING: Reciprocal borrowing is limited to a maximum of 10 books from the general circulating collections of the Durick and Champlain College libraries. No other materials are covered under this agreement.
4. LOAN PERIOD: Participants may borrow an item for 28 days.
5. RENEWAL: Borrowers may renew an item if it has not been requested by another patron.
6. RECALL: Borrowers may request a recall of items currently on loan to another but he original borrower is assured a minimum of 14 days use of the item before the recall is in effect. The requested item will be held for the patron at the lending library for a maximum of 10 days.
7. OVERDUE ITEMS: Overdue notices will be sent either electronically or by paper notice according to the policies of the lending institution.
8. FINES, FEES, and LOST ITEMS: The fines and fees policies of the lending library shall apply to all loans. The home library of the delinquent borrower shall be ultimately held responsible for the payment of lost item fees.