A patron with a valid SMC ID wishing to rent a locker must bring a $10.00 cash deposit to the Circulation desk. The patron will be assigned a locker and given a key to that locker. At the end of each semester a patron must report to the Circulation Desk and,
- return the locker key, at which time they will receive their $10 deposit back, or
- renew their locker and leave the $10 deposit until the next semester
- Library materials are not to be stored in lockers unless they have been charged at the Circulation Desk.
- Absolutely no food and drink items are to be stored in the lockers.
- Absolutely no dangerous or hazardous materials are to be stored in the lockers.
- Renters wishing to keep lockers for more than one semester must make arrangements at the Circulation Desk. Failure to do so will result in the locker will be cleared. A letter will be sent to the renter to notify them of this action.
- LIS reserves the right to inspect lockers and contents as deemed necessary. If unauthorized items (as noted in 1, 2, and 3 above) are found during a locker inspection, those items will be removed and the renter will be notified.
- Upon inspection, should there be damage to the locker or a need to replace the lock and the cost is more than the $10.00 deposit, the individual renting the locker will be billed for the additional cost.
- Lost Locker Keys: Lost locker keys, must be reported at the Circulation Desk immediately. The renter will forfeit his/her $10.00 deposit to cover the cost of replacing the lock and making new keys. The renter is able to use another locker but must leave a $10.00 deposit for a new locker.
- If the renter violates the conditions of this policy they will forfeit their deposit and their locker privileges will be suspended.