Professor: Will Marquess
First Year Seminar Librarian:
Dictionaries= online dictionaries
Citation Guides = links to MLA 2009 citation examples
Online reference source. Search online literature encyclopedias and dictionaries.
A searchable database of the Saint Michael's College Library reference collection.
Biography in Context
Literature Resource Center
Books, DVDs, and other resources located in the Durick Library
Select resources wisely
Evaluate and selectively choose resources applying the following evaluation criteria:
- Timeliness: is the information current?, updated? historical perspective?
- Authority: who is the author; who is responsible for the information presented in the article, website, or book?
- Accuracy: compare the facts with other sources; does a bibliography provide evidence of research and documentation with other sources?
- Purpose: why was the book, website, or article written or created? What is the point of view or bias?
- Intended audience: high school, college, graduate level?