Doctor of Physical Therapy (University of Vermont)
Saint Michael's College provides the necessary academic background for post-graduate schools in a variety of health care fields, including physical therapy. In addition, Saint Michael's has an articulation agreement with the Doctor of Physical Therapy program at the University of Vermont. Through this agreement, the UVM DPT program assures admission each year to three qualified Saint Michael's College graduates who have met the following requirements.
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree from SMC with an overall GPA of 3.0 or better
- Completion of the prerequisites for UVM Physical Therapy program:
- One semester of Statistics
- One semester of Biology*
- One semester of Psychology
- Two semesters of Chemistry, with labs*
- Two semesters of Physics, with labs*
- Two semesters of Anatomy and Physiology, or one semester each of Anatomy and Physiology, with labs*
- One semester of Exercise Physiology, Biology half course
*with GPA of 3.0 or better
By January 15th of the year they wish to matriculate, applicants must submit an application, statement of purpose, official transcripts, and 3 letters of recommendation through the online PTCAS site. GRE’s are not required. The application fee will be waived. If more than three SMC students meet the requirements for admission, all will be considered on a competitive basis for the 3 positions. The remaining students will be considered for openings in the DPT program as applicants in the graduate applicant pool.