Study Abroad Possibilities
The programs listed below have been pre-approved by Saint Michael's College and offer a wide range of destinations and study opportunities. Choose a program by location, language, or academic offerings.
- Language Programs can provide skills for completing the Second Language Proficiency Requirement for languages taught at Saint Michael's (Spanish, French, Japanese, German, Chinese, or Italian) or for developing skills in another language. Students with higher language proficiency can take content courses in the target language.
- University Programs offer a wide variety of liberal studies courses taught at international universities. Students interested in building upon language skills acquired through study at Saint Michael's College are strongly encouraged to do so. Most universities offer language instruction at a variety of levels, and students with advanced language proficiency will find ample opportunities to enroll in courses and programs taught exclusively in the host language and often with native speakers of the language.
- Internship Programs allow students to test potential professions by taking a full-semester of courses plus an extensive academic internship in a specific field of study (e.g. business, psychology, or journalism).
- Field Study Programs provide students with a hands-on academic semester, often in developing countries. Theme-based programs often focus on global issues such as global health, human rights, environmental policy, and peace and conflict studies.
- Academic Study Trips are developed and led by SMC faculty. These programs, generally 2-4 weeks in length, introduce students to unique academic topics and cultures. Program offerings change from year to year as new courses are developed based on student and faculty interest.