Saint Michael's may not be located in a major city, but our community is still a vibrant, diverse hub of international energy. Students and professors from around the world come to Saint Mike's to be a part of life here.
For international prospective students, the admission process is supplemented with a few additional forms. If you are interested in applying, please follow the admission procedures for the program to which you are applying.
- You must complete the one-page Application Supplement for International Applicants.
- You must submit a bank statement, or financial certification from your employer, verifying that you have sufficient financial resources to provide for your academic and personal expenses while attending Saint Michael's.
- You must submit a photocopy of your passport page showing the correct spelling of your name and date of birth. I-20s cannot be prepared without this or your financial statement.
- You must fill out an Immigration Form. If you are not a US citizen or resident, you must enter the US on a student visa (F-1).
- If your native language is not English, you must submit verification that you have achieved the minimum test score on an approved test for English proficiency, listed below.
Please note that we require English language translations of foreign transcripts by the issuing institution. We reserve the right to request an applicant to submit evaluation(s) of official transcript(s) by an approved outside agency that verifies the attainment of the equivalent of a Bachelor's Degree if needed.
Required Test Scores
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): 550 (213 on the computer-based test; 79 on Internet-based test)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): 6.5
- MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery): 77-82
- CAE (Certificate in Advanced English) /CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English): C
- APIEL (Advanced Placement International English Language): 3
International Conditional Admittance
If your English is not strong enough to embark on a full-time Master's Program in TESOL, but your other application documentation is acceptable, Saint Michael's may offer you conditional admittance into its MATESOL program. This entails, however, that you must complete our Intensive English courses or supply the required TOEFL/IELTS results before transferring to the Master's Program.