Applying for a TESOL masters degree is your first step toward realizing your future as an English as a Second Language teacher. Our team is here to help you every step of the way. Applications and supporting materials are processed online except for your official transcripts, which need to be sent directly from the issuing institution to:
Saint Michael's College, Box 253
One Winooski Park
Colchester, VT 05439
- A Bachelor's Degree with a grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 from an accredited American college or university, or its equivalent from a foreign university.
- Official transcript(s) of all undergraduate and graduate work, mailed in the original sealed envelope from the issuing institution.
- Two reference forms accompanied by letters of recommendation with original signatures, at least one of which should be an academic reference. (ELL Licensure applicants only: Must have one academic or employer reference — whichever is most relevant — and one from a person who has observed your work with children/adolescents in a professional setting.)
- A resumé.
- A $50 application fee.
- A one-to-two page essay describing your educational career objectives with particular emphasis on the following: personal and professional goals, relevant employment experience, why you wish to study at Saint Michael's College, and your ability and commitment to undertake graduate-level education at this time.
In addition to the aforementioned, international applicants must also:
- Submit an official TOEFL or other approved English language proficiency test score report (for those whom English is not a native language).
- Submit an original letter of financial support.
- Complete the International Applicant section of the Graduate Admission Application (for those whom English is not a native language). I-20 forms cannot be issued without completion of this form and the supporting financial documentation.
Application for admission to Saint Michael's College is not complete until all of the above information is received. You will be informed of the admission decision by letter. Applicants for Spring 2015 and beyond: Once admitted, you will be asked to pay a $500 non-refundable deposit to confirm your acceptance. This deposit will be applied toward your tuition, and is payable online.
If your English is not strong enough for acceptance into the Master's Program in TESOL, but your other application documentation is acceptable, Saint Michael’s College may offer you conditional admission into its MATESOL program. This means you may attend our Intensive English Program or Advanced English Program until you achieve the required level of proficiency for the MATESOL program.