Saint Michael's College MATESOL Program
From Vermont to the World!
Learn to Teach English as a Foreign Language at home or overseas.
Saint Michael's MATESOL combines theory and practice in a 36-credit program. It can be completed in four semesters on campus or as a hybrid, partially online program to accommodate distance students.
Announcing the new hybrid MATESOL Program!
Two summers on campus, 2 semesters online. Learn more
Why Saint Michael's?
- Small, nurturing learning community
- Experienced and highly qualified faculty
- Vibrant liberal arts campus
- Closely supervised practicum opportunities in various settings
Established for over 50 years and situated in beautiful northern Vermont, Saint Michael's College MATESOL is one of the most respected programs nationally and internationally in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). Our graduates work in universities, schools, and private language institutes all over the world.
In our core courses, you'll learn:
- TESOL in Action (Practicum 1 & 2)
- Applying the Theory (Theory and Methods)
- What's Challenging for English Learners? (English Grammar)
- Achieving your Objectives (Testing and Assessment)
- Top Down and Bottom Up (Reading and Writing)
- Listening, Presentation and Pronunciation (Oral Skills)
Related options include MATESOL + Peace Corps; MATESOL + K-12 Licensure or Endorsement; Graduate Certificate; and the 4-week TESOL Diploma Program, which may earn 6 credits toward the MATESOL.