Saint Michael's may not be located in a major city, but our community is still a vibrant, diverse hub of international energy. Students and professors from around the world come to Saint Mike's to be a part of life here.
For international prospective students, the admission process is supplemented with a few additional forms. If you are interested in applying, please follow the admission procedures for the program to which you are applying.
Please note that we require English language translations of foreign transcripts by the issuing institution. We reserve the right to request an applicant to submit evaluation(s) of official transcript(s) by an approved outside agency that verifies the attainment of the equivalent of a Bachelor's Degree if needed.
Required Test Scores
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): 550 (213 on the computer-based test; 79 on Internet-based test)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): 6.5
- MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery): 77-82
- CAE (Certificate in Advanced English) /CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English): C
- APIEL (Advanced Placement International English Language): 3
International graduate students are required to make a $500 deposit to confirm their enrollment in the program. This deposit is refundable (minus a $100 processing fee) in the event that a visa is not received. The deposit amount will be applied to the student's tuition. Deposits may be made online.
You will need your SMC ID number to deposit online. If you do not have your ID, please contact ApplySMC@smcvt.edu.