Playhouse Junior, an off-shoot of the professional Saint Michael's Playhouse, brings the children's show Freckleface Strawberry to the stage August, 2, 3, and 4. The show, written by Julianne Moore, takes you inside the world of Freckleface and friends as they "learn to love the skin they're in."
The show will be performed on the stage of the McCarthy Arts Center, Friday, August 2 at 12 noon, Saturday, August 3 at 10 a.m. and Sunday, August 4, at 10 a.m. and at 12 noon. All tickets are $10, and may be purchased online at saintmichaelsplayhouse.org or by calling the box office at 654.2281.
With fun music, awesome dancing… and a freckleface full of laughs, your whole family will love this brand new musical for all ages... freckles or not!
Freckleface Strawberry was just like every other girl - except she had bright red hair and something worse… freckles! Freckleface Strawberry will do anything to get rid of her freckles - from scrubbing them with soap, to caking on makeup, and even wearing a ski mask to school! Will her schoolmates realize it's her under the mask? Will Freckleface be brave enough to finally face her complexion in the mirror? With the help of her loveable schoolmates including an amazingly talented ballerina, a cutie jock, a charming ditz, and a totally kooky teacher, Freckleface learns that everyone is different - and that's what makes everyone special!
Cast and crew:
- Director: Heather Lessard '12
- Choreographer: Josh Bardier '10
- Freckleface Strawberry: 11 year old Stella Pappas, from Charlotte who was also in "Fiddler on the Roof," the professional Saint Michael's Playhouse production earlier this June.
- Danny: Josh Bardier '10
- Harry: Jon van Luling '06
- Jake: Jamie Deuell, former Saint Michael's student
- Ballet Girl: Caitlin Walsh, an 11 year-old from Vergennes who was also in "Fiddler on the Roof"
- Jane/Teacher/Mother: 16 year old Zoe Filan