Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Workplace Solutions, Inc.
Toll Free: 800.639.1596
Web site: www.workplacesolutionsvt.com
What is an EAP?
The Saint Michael’s College Employee Assistance Program or “EAP” is a confidential and voluntary program designed to assist any employee, staff, or faculty member of Saint Michael’s College with personal, emotional, family, substance abuse, or work related problems that may disrupt personal lives or job performance. The first three sessions are free of charge and are designed to assess your situation and, if further counseling is indicated, refer you to an appropriate professional within our mental health provider network, Magellan Behavioral Care.
Who is our EAP provider?
The Employee Assistance Plan provider for Saint Michael’s College is Workplace Solutions, Inc. located at 166 Battery Street in Burlington. Workplace Solutions is a Vermont based consulting firm founded in 1986. The principals of Workplace Solutions have over 40 years' experience in delivering highly personalized, professional services to individual, corporate, and nonprofit clients.
Is it confidential?
All EAP sessions are held in strict confidence. No information regarding who has contacted the EAP is ever shared with Saint Michael's College and no information regarding the content of visits is shared unless you have provided permission and written consent.
Is it voluntary?
The program is voluntary although occasionally a manager, supervisor or Department Chair may suggest that you turn to the program for help.
What kinds of services are offered?
The Saint Michael’s College EAP offers assessment, consulting and referral services for faculty, staff and their immediate family members for the following areas:
- Personal / emotional Career concerns
- Marital Conflict
- Family Communication
- Alcohol Financial and legal concerns
- Drug Gender or Sexual Harassment issues
How does the EAP work?
Faculty, staff and their immediate family members access the program through the following types of referrals:
- Supervisory / Department Chair
- Human Resources Department
All initial contacts will be made to Workplace Solutions, Inc., a Burlington, Vermont based EAP firm. All EAP calls connect with a dedicated 1-800 EAP line. When called, the EAP consultant will spend time with the Saint Michael’s employee or family member on the phone to:
- Identify the problem
- Gather essential personal and clinical information
- Provide “on line” coaching regarding personal, emotional, family, financial, etc. problems when appropriate
- Facilitate an appointment with a Workplace Solutions, Inc. affiliate for a face to face assessment. Remember, you can see the EAP affiliate up to three times at no charge.
After the initial “phone assessment” the following process will occur if a referral is needed:
- Workplace Solutions, Inc. will contact a local or regional affiliate (who is a member of the Magellan Behavioral Care network) where the employee or family member lives to set up an EAP appointment.
- That affiliate will then call the employee or family member to confirm date and time of the appointment.
The EAP appointment
When you arrive at the EAP office, the EAP counselor will provide an assessment. Together you will decide the best possible solution to your problem. That can mean continued counseling at the office for up to three sessions or a referral to an outside agency, medical provider, or mental health practitioner. Your EAP maintains close contact with community resources that can assist you. This includes private mental health practitioners, medical providers, public and private agencies, and legal and financial resources.
What will it cost?
- 1 to 3 sessions are provided free of charge to each employee or dependent family member.
- All EAP counselors / affiliates are licensed by the State of Vermont.
- If further counseling is needed after the three sessions, you can stay with the affiliate or apply your benefits to those agencies and practitioners covered by the benefit plan of the agency. The EAP will help with the referral.
- Legal, financial and career counseling referrals are not covered by health insurance. Charges for these services will be your responsibility.
- Every effort will be made to keep a referral consistent with your budget.
Where is the program located?
The home office of Workplace Solutions, Inc. is located at 166 Battery Street in Burlington, Vermont. Most Saint Michael’s College employees and family members will be seen by Workplace Solutions, Inc. EAP professionals in the greater Burlington area.
Workplace Solutions, Inc. has EAP affiliates throughout Vermont in the following locations: Bennington, Bradford, Brattleboro, Burlington, East Thetford, Montpelier, Morrisville, Norwich, Randolph, Rutland, St. Albans, St. Johnsbury, Waterbury, White River Junction, Williston and Woodstock.
For more information or to set up a confidential appointment, contact Workplace Solutions at 800.639.1596.