Student workers are always needed in our Information Technology department! No experience necessary - we will train you. Above all, we look for a positive attitude, a good work ethic, and a great customer service attitude for these positions. Training on the equipment is provided; evening and weekend hours, as well as daytime hours, are available in some areas.
The objective of our student-oriented employment program is to provide increased technology support on campus in an organized community approach. Using this approach, we also provide students many opportunities to increase their technical, business, and software skills through training and “real world” experiences.
50-60 students per year are hired to work in Information Technology. During your first year, you will be assigned to a specific area; during the summer before your second year of employment, you will have the opportunity to cross-train in other areas and try another area if there is an opening. Our student jobs are in one of five areas:
- Departmental office - general office work
- Media Services - supporting classrooms, labs, and Special Events with sound, recording, and projection
- Instructional Technology - supporting faculty projects
- Technology Learning Center - supporting the Helpdesk Call Center, phone support, technical assistance to all campus constituents
- Specialized labs, including the Language Learning Resource Center and Journalism/Fine Arts labs
Student workers are selected through an application and interview process. Students can apply for these positions by filling out the application for the desired area(s). Access the application online.
The Information Technology Department also offers an IT Internship program. Visit Joblink to find out if an internship is right for you.