Kappa Tau Alpha is a college honor society that recognizes academic excellence and promotes scholarship in journalism and mass communication. Membership must be earned by excellence in academic work in Media Studies, Journalism, and Digital Arts. Selection for membership is a mark of highest distinction and honor.
To be eligible for membership a student must:
- Rank in the upper 10 percent of their media studies/journalism class (i.e. juniors among juniors, seniors among seniors).
- Complete at least 5 semesters of degree work.
- Complete at least 12 semester hours of credit in professional skills courses in journalism.
- Have at least a 3.00 GPA in junior/senior level media studies/journalism courses.
- Count all college courses applicable to their degree in computing the overall GPA to determine rank in the upper 10 percent.
For more information, visit Kappa Tau Alpha's national site or contact faculty advisor Professor Jerry Swope, firstname.lastname@example.org.