Education Studies Major
The Education Studies major requires completion of 10 courses plus an additional major or minor.
- ED 231 - Schools and Society
- ED 251 - Child Development or ED 271 Adolescent Development
- ED 300 - Teaching Social Studies and the Arts or ED 361 Secondary Curriculum
- ED 340 - Inclusive Classroom (Elementary) or ED 370 Inclusive Classroom (Secondary)
- ED 499 - Internship (8 credits)
In careful consultation with an Education department advisor a student selects three additional courses from Education or from other departments that enrich his or her specific focus.
Students will culminate the Education Studies major with a field-placed internship (2 course equivalent) and accompanying seminar course where students will complete a professional portfolio.