Financial Aid Checklist
While some items below may not apply to all students, we recommend that you review all information carefully.
Carefully review your financial aid award.
Submit your $500 enrollment deposit to Saint Michael's by May 1
By July 12, notify Student Financial Services of all outside scholarships you receive.
- E-mail outside scholarship information to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Forward copies of scholarship award letters to Student Financial Services, One Winooski Park, Box 4 Colchester, VT 05439
Review outstanding financial aid requirements and provide requested documentation
- Financial aid requirements are listed in KnightVision under the Communication tab.
- Provide requested information as promptly as possible so we can finalize your financial aid eligibility.
Accept student loans and/or work study online via KnightVision
- Access your KnightVision account via the mySMC Portal
- In KnightVision, select Financial Aid and Accept or reject financial aid awards
If your award includes a Federal Direct Student Loan and you choose to accept it:
- Go to www.studentloans.gov.
- Complete online Loan Entrance Counseling.
- Complete the online Subsidized/Unsubsidized Master Promissory Note.
If your parent will borrow a Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan, the parent borrower should:
- Submit a PLUS Loan request at studentloans.gov (2019-20 PLUS request available after May 1, 2019).
- Complete the PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note, also at studentloans.gov.
If you choose to borrow a private loan:
If you plan to enroll in a tuition payment plan, enroll online through CashNet.
Complete the Student Health Insurance Waiver
- Deadline: TBD
- Students will be enrolled in the 2019-20 SMC Student Health Insurance Plan and charged the annual premium automatically unless a valid waiver is completed by the deadline.
- Learn more
Review the tuition refund schedule and consider purchasing optional tuition refund insurance.
- Tuition refund insurance can minimize the financial impact of a full withdrawal for a covered medical reason
- Enroll by August 25, 2019 for Fall 2019 - Spring 2020 coverage.
Request 529/ educational savings plan distributions
- Request distributions directly from your plan administrator
- Please allow 2-3 weeks for payment to be received
Review and settle your bill
- Fall 2019 bills will be issued in mid-July and due date is TBD.
- Bills are mailed to the student's home address or an alternative billing address provided by the student
- Accepted and finalized financial aid will be reflected on the bill
- Online payments (e-check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover) may be made via the Online Payment Center.