What is LiveSafe
LiveSafe is a free personal safety mobile application that provides students, faculty and staff with a two way direct connection to the Saint Michael's College Department of Public Safety. Its easy-to-use features help you stay safe and enable us to better protect you.
- To increase campus safety and student awareness of security issues.
- To promote information sharing and greater engagement between Public Safety and citizens.
- To be a preventative measure and stop crimes before they occur.
How to Sign up
- You can download the app through the App Store for iOS or Google play for Android.
- Select “Saint Michael’s College” as your School/Agency.
- Fill in your user profile.
- You’re all set, ready to report any safety needs.
Using the App
- To gain the maximum benefit of the LiveSafe application, make sure to complete the Profile with your recent e-mail address and telephone number. This helps Public Safety better respond to reports.
- Add at least three emergency contacts. They should be close friends or family who are in a position to help.
- Allow "Push Notifications" to be enabled in your Settings. Public Safety will also send alerts through SMS, email, and push notifications.
- Stay anonymous, or send your user information and location to Public Safety as soon as you call or message allowing a faster response time.
- Turn Location services On. Public Safety relies on GPS data to better serve and protect you. When you report an incident or make a call, Public Safety will know exactly where you making a report from so they can respond accordingly.
- Share information, tips and safety concerns with Public Safety via text massaging, including picture, video and audio attachments, or even live chat.
Reporting to Public Safety
Information submitted is monitored 24 hours a day by Public Safety. Public Safety will respond to all reports, ask questions provide updates to the user as necessary.
Currently, unless calling from a land line campus telephone, the 911 dispatchers do not know the location of a caller using a mobile phone.
When users contact Public Safety using the “Campus Safety” feature, the officers will know the caller’s exact location, their contact information, as well as their emergency contacts.
In cases where the caller is in a situation where they can’t speak or don’t want to be heard, Public Safety will be monitoring the location from the second the call is placed, ensuring they will still be able to locate the person quickly and respond appropriately.