Programs lasting just one semester or one year
All English abilities are welcome. Students may take courses in our undergraduate or English language program.
Level 1: Intensive English
For students wishing to improve their English, five levels are offered from Beginner to Advanced. Topics include Reading, Writing, Vocabulary, Grammar, Listening, Speaking, and Pronunciation. Custom-length intensive English programs are available for groups.
Level 2: Academic Prep
Students transition from ESL to academic content classrooms with an introductory content course and skill building courses in academic writing, grammar, reading, vocabulary, and oral skills.
Level 3: Academic English
Students take a mix of academic and advanced English courses, including Advanced College Writing, Advanced Grammar, Oral Skills, etc.
Students take up to four courses of their choice in any subject that is offered at Saint Michael’s College and for which they are qualified.
At Each Level
- Full immersion in university life. Non-degree students students enjoy the same status as four-year degree students.
- Summer programs available.
- University credit for all courses in Undergraduate level, for most courses in Academic English levels, and partial credit at Academic Bridge level.
- English-language admission test is not required for students at the Intensive English level, nor to transfer between levels.
- Average class size is fewer than 15 students.
- Included: Conversation Partners, Extra Curricular Activities, Cultural Activities, Academic Advising, Volunteer Opportunities