Kreis, Steven. "Map of the Movement of the Black Death." The History Guide: Lectures on Ancient and Medieval European History. 2000, updated February 28, 2006. The History Guide. 3 June 2009. http://www.historyguide.org/ancient/bdmap.html. (author's permission granted, June 3, 2009)
Encyclopedias and dictionaries
- Encyclopedia of the Black Death, Ref RC 172 .B98 2012
- Science and its Times, Ref Q 175.46 .S35 2000
- Dictionary of the Middle Ages, Ref D 114 .D5
- Medieval Italy: an Encyclopedia, Ref DG 443. M43
- Medieval England: an Encyclopedia, Ref DA 129 .M43
- Encyclopedia Judaica, Ref DS 102.8 .E496
- Encyclopedia of Medical History, Ref R 133.M34
- Encyclopedia of Pestilence, Pandemics, and Plagues, Ref RA 652 .E535
- Epidemics and Pandemics Ref RA 649 .H293
Reference Universe searches the library's reference collection for articles
- The Black Death: The Great Mortality of 1348-1350: A Brief History with Documents. John Aberth.
RC 172 .A34 2005
- The Black Death. Rosemary Horrox, editor and and translator. RC 178.A1 B58 1994 (on reserve)
- The Black Death: A Chronicle of the Plague. Compiled by Johannes Nohl, translated by C. H. Clarke.
RC 172 .N6313 2006 (on reserve)
- Medieval Medicine: a reader. Faith Wallis, editor. R 141 .M49 2010
- A Source Book in Medieval Science. Edward Grant, editor. Ref Q 153 .G7 1974 (on reserve)
To find additional primary sources, search WorldCat with your keywords plus a subject term such as "sources" or "personal narratives," or try one of the websites below.