- CQ Researcher
CQ Researcher provides award winning in-depth coverage of the most important issues of the day. Reports are written by experienced journalists, footnoted and professionally fact-checked. Full-length articles include an overview, historical background, chronology, pro/con feature, plus resources for additional research. Graphics, photos and short "sidebar" features round out the reports. Shorter "Hot Topics" articles provide a solid introduction to subjects most in demand by students.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context
Covers today’s hottest social issues, from capital punishment to immigration, to marijuana. This cross-curricular research tool's informed, differing views present each side of an issue and help students develop information literacy, critical thinking skills, and the confidence to draw their own valid conclusions.
- Oxford Handbooks: Criminology & Criminal Justice
Peer reviewed articles providing a survey of the latest scholarship in criminology & criminal justice. Topics include: crime & public policy; crime prevention; ethnicity, crime & immigration; juvenile justice; sentencing & corrections; and more.
Statistics & Data
Offers statistical information and data in a variety of subjects – providing access to data from governmental agencies as well as business organizations, market research firms, and opinion research institutions.
Subject encyclopedias on social theories or deviance topics
- Encyclopedia of Social Psychology (2 vols) Durick Library Reference Collection HM1007 .E53 2007
- Encyclopedia of Sociology (5 vols) Durick Library Reference Collection HM425.E5 2000
- Handbook of Social Psychology (2 vols) Durick Library Reference Collection HM1011.H37 2010
- Violence in America (3 vols) Durick Library Reference Collection HN90.V5 V5474 1999
Search for scholarly articles on your topic by selecting databases such as the subject databases listed below:
Law Review articles that provide legal background and history