National Body Awards/Certifications
Candidates pursuing a CASC are required to complete two national body awards/certifications. These awards represent the minimum requirements to work professionally and autonomously in adventure sports and/or outdoor pursuits.
Examples of National Body Awards:
- American Canoe Association Level 2 Instructor (Canoe, Coastal Kayak, Stand Up Paddleboard, or Whitewater Kayak)
- American Mountain Guide Association Single Pitch Instructor
- British Canoeing Level 1 Paddlesports Instructor
- International Mountain Bicycling Association Level 1 Instructor
- Professional Ski Instructors of America/American Association of Snowboard Instructors Level 1 Instructor
- Leave No Trace Master Educator
Many national body awards/certifications are offered annually, at a subsidized rate, through the Adventure Sports Center. Alternatively, candidates can pursue awards through other providers based on their schedule and/or use current awards as evidence toward completion of the CASC.
Before taking a national body award training course, students must be at a high level personal readiness. Much of the individual skills development and competency required for national award training courses can be done through the Adventure Sports Center, the costs associated with this developmental programming (including equipment) is included in the CASC fee/s.