The FAFSA is the only application required to be considered for need-based financial aid including grants, loans and work study at Saint Michael's.
- The 2019-20 FAFSA will be available October 1, 2018 at fafsa.gov!
- Our priority financial aid deadline is February 1, 2019.
- Submit your FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1, 2018 to ensure consideration for all available sources of aid and expedite financial aid awarding.
- File online at fafsa.gov
- Saint Michael's FAFSA school code is 003694
- A new FAFSA is required for each school year
Before you File
Both the students and (for dependent students) at least one parent will need a Federal Student Aid ID (FSAID) to sign the FAFSA. If you don't yet have an FSAID, create one online.
Students and parents must create separate FSAIDs and each must connect to a unique e-mail address.
Filing your FAFSA
- When filing, look for the FAFSA-IRS Data Retrieval Tool to directly link IRS income tax information to the FAFSA. The FAFSA-IRS Data Retrieval Tool streamlines the FAFSA process and reduces the need for Saint Michael's to collect supplemental documentation.
- The 2019-20 FAFSA will request information about 2017 household income and about assets as of the day you submit the FAFSA.
- Add Saint Michael's College to your FAFSA with our Federal School Code: 003694
- Be sure to sign and submit your FAFSA. Both the student and (for dependent students) at least one parent must sign the FAFSA.
After you File
- Watch for your Student Aid Report by e-mail once your FAFSA is processed.
- Review your Student Aid report.
- Saint Michael's will receive your FAFSA information and contact you should we have any questions or need additional information.
FAFSA Help & Resources
Contact our office or check out these resources:
General FAFSA Information & Help
Determining Dependency Status and Whether Parental Information is Required
Determining Who is Your Parent for FAFSA Purposes