Transferring Credit from Another Institution
Saint Michael's College is pleased to welcome international students wishing to transfer credits or receive advanced standing for courses taken at another university or college located overseas or in the United States. A student who does this is generally referred to as a Transfer Student.
Submit the following documents
- A regular application with supporting materials.
- Official copy of university transcripts in English
- Official copy of university transcripts in original language
- Brief description of all college or university courses.
Direct Admission: To matriculate directly into an academic program, the student must submit English test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.).
Conditional Admittance: If no test score is provided, or scores are below 55ibTOEFL, the student will be eligible for conditional admittance and enrolled in the Intensive English Program. The student will be tested in English upon arrival.
When the Application is Complete
- The Admission Committee will review the application and inform the candidate of their decision within 1-3 weeks.
- At this time, the student will receive an unofficial tally of the number of credits that will transfer to Saint Michael's.
- To receive I-20 form, students must provide financial certification and a copy of their passport.
- Upon receipt of deposit, Saint Michael's will send transcripts to accrediting agency for assessment at no charge to the student. Within 3-5 weeks, student will receive official tally of the number of credits that will transfer.
- To expedite this process, students may send transcripts at any time to an accrediting agency at his or her own expense. Here are two official accrediting agencies for your consideration: ECE and WES
- Additional transcripts may be submitted to the registrar upon arrival for additional consideration.