- Please report to the Office for International Students (Saint Edmund’s Hall 222A) with your passport, and local address and telephone number no later than three days after arriving on campus. Please contact your host department directly to confirm their reporting requirements.
- Changes to your name, address, program or financing, must be reported to the Office for International Students within 10 days of the event.
Tips for remaining in lawful status:
- Maintain a valid Form DS-2019
- Maintain a valid passport
- Do not work without permission
Please contact the Office for International Students for assistance with the following:
- Applying for a Social Security number
- Applying for a Vermont driver’s license
- Opening a bank account
- Any concerns regarding employee rights and laws, including workers’ compensation
There are opportunities to learn about US and other cultures, as well as share your culture with the Saint Michael’s College community.
- Coffee Hour is held weekly on Wednesday afternoons and is an opportunity for faculty, staff and students to engage in a casual setting. Exchange visitors interested in hosting a Coffee Hour should contact Jacqui Samale Roden for more information.
- The Adventure Sports Center offers day trips, as well as multi-day excursions throughout the region. It is a great opportunity to try something new, meet people and enjoy Vermont’s natural beauty!
- Saint Michael’s College offers a multitude of on-campus events. Watch your SMC email for updates as well as postings on the SMC portal.
- Venture off campus and you will find rich cultural opportunities in the form of performing arts, museums, restaurants and markets, and festivals.
Health & Safety:
- Campus emergencies: 911 or +1 (802) 654-2911 (x2911)
- Saint Michael’s College switchboard: +1 (802) 654-2000 (or “0” on campus)
- Public Safety (non-emergency): +1 (802) 654-2374 (x2374)
- Bergeron Wellness Center: +1 (802) 654-2234
- LiveSafe app
- RAVE – Registration for this text/email emergency alert system is through the SMC portal.
Jeffrey Trumbower, Interim VP Academic Affairs, Dean of the College, RO
email@example.com, +1 (802) 654-2492
Kevin Spensley, Director of International Enrollment, ARO
firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 (802) 654-2357
Melissa Holzman, International Student Advisor, ARO
email@example.com, +1 (802) 654-2391
Saint Michael’s College
One Winooski Park
Colchester, VT 05439
Telephone: +1 (802) 654-2000
U.S. Department of State
Office of Designation
Private Sector Programs Division
Academic and Government Programs Division
Street SW, Room 668th301 4
Washington, DC 20547-4406
Telephone: +1 (844) 300-1824
Fax: +1 (202) 203-7779
Life and Customs in the United States:
International Student Guide to the USA –Geared toward students, but useful information relevant to Exchange Visitors as well. Also contains state-specific details.
The National Museum of American History
National Park Service
Additional travel guides available from Fodor’s, Frommer’s, Lonely Planet, and others.