International Applications for Post-Graduate Study
International students should follow admission procedures for the program to which they are applying:
In addition to completing an application, international students must:
- Submit a bank statement or financial certification from employer verifying that you have sufficient financial resources to provide for academic and personal expenses while attending Saint Michael’s College.
- Submit a photocopy of your passport page showing the correct spelling of your name and the date of birth. (I-20’s cannot be prepared without this and your financial statement.)
- We require English language translations of foreign transcripts. We reserve the right to request an applicant to submit evaluation(s) of official transcript(s) by an approved outside agency that verifies the attainment of the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree if needed.
- Submit verification of one of the following minimum test scores below.*
Minimum Test Scores:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): 550 (79 on Internet-based test)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): 6.5
- MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery): 77-82
- CAE (Certificate in Advanced English) /CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English): C
- APIEL (Advanced Placement International English Language): 3
*Exceptions may be made for applicants whose native language is English or completed an undergraduate degree in an English-speaking country.