Study Abroad in a Non-Degree Program
Study abroad with us for one semester or one year
Study abroad for one semester or one year in any subject for which you are qualified.
Students experience Saint Michael’s College as full-fledged university students with access to all university facilities, including the library, technology, and fitness areas. They are welcomed in all university clubs and activities that are available to undergraduate students, and are housed on campus among international and US-American students.
Accommodations are typically in one of St. Mike’s premium residences—Cashman Hall—which houses our “GEAR” Program (Global Experience Academic Residential). GEAR is home to about 60 US-American and 60 international students, living in single rooms within suites of 4 or 8 students.
Program Levels and Language Requirements for Non-Degree Study
|Language Proficiency||Program and Level||Credits Available||Length|
|Undergraduate Level Study|
|79 TOEFL / 6.5 IELTS (or equivalent)||Undergraduate / Bachelor’s Degree Program||16 academic credits||1 semester (16 weeks)|
|Not required||Accelerated Summer College (ASC)||8-16 academic credits||Summer Study|
- For information on iTEP, PTE, or Eiken requirements, contact the Admission Office.
- For admission to the Bachelor’s Degree program, test scores may NOT be required for students who complete two or more years of high school that is taught primarily in English.
- The CODE for sending TOEFL scores to Saint Michael’s College is 3757.
- Institutional TOEFL and Paper-Based TOEFL are often acceptable. Contact the Admission Office for more information.
- The Academic Writing Assessment (AWA) may be administered upon arrival.
- SAT/ACT are NOT required for admission, nor for scholarship consideration