Program Levels and Language Requirements for Non-Degree Study
The following tests of English proficiency are accepted for admission into our programs: TOEFL IELTS Cambridge Duolingo Eiken iTEP PTE
|Language Proficiency||Program and Level||Credits Available||Length|
|Undergraduate Level Study|
|79 TOEFL / 6.5 IELTS (or equivalent)||Undergraduate / Bachelor’s Degree Program||16 academic credits||1 semester (16 weeks)|
|Not required||Accelerated Summer College (ASC)||8-16 academic credits||Summer Study|
|Combined Academic and English Program|
|71 TOEFL / 6.0 IELTS (or equivalent)||Academic English 2 (AEP2)||16 academic credits||1 semester (16 weeks)|
|61TOEFL / 5.5 IELTS (or equivalent)||Academic English 1 (AEP1)||14 academic credits||1 semester (16 weeks)|
|English Language Study|
|Not required||Intensive English (IEP)||6 English-language credits||8 or 16 weeks, Summer study also available|
- For information on iTEP, PTE, or Eiken requirements, contact the Admission Office.
- For admission to the Bachelor’s Degree program, test scores may NOT be required for students who complete two or more years of high school that is taught primarily in English.
- The CODE for sending TOEFL scores to Saint Michael’s College is 3757.
- Institutional TOEFL and Paper-Based TOEFL are often acceptable. Contact the Admission Office for more information.
- The Academic Writing Assessment (AWA) may be administered upon arrival.
- SAT/ACT are NOT required for admission, nor for scholarship consideration