Large photo above headline shows the Golden Knights of the Class of 1967 on Thursday after the traditional Mass in the Chapel; directly above is from the beautiful and moving tribute to our fallen alumni heroes at the Military Appreciation Reception; below that are the Alumni of the Year winners together at Saturday's banquet; Mike The Knight makes an appearance at Saturday morning's Fun Run; and Father Brian Cummings, SSE, '86 of the Campus Ministry office mixes with alumni in the Dion Student Center Roy Room at an event..
Enjoy a photo gallery from Reunion 2017
More than 60 members of the Saint Michael’s College Class of 1967 turned out over Reunion weekend, June 1-4, to be honored as “Golden Knights’ for their 50th Reunion. They broke records both for attendance by a 50th reunion class and for fundraising – more than $700,000.
Rain didn’t dampen any spirits at the Chicken BBQ on Saturday afternoon. But the weather did cooperate enough so that the class events held Saturday night went off without a hitch. Angie Armour, director of parent and alumni relations, shared highlights from the weekend:
- Alumni of the Year: Kathy Sweeten ’77, Don Slaven ’52, Michael Fucigna ’87, and Amy Murphy Dowd ’92 were all honored for their longstanding volunteerism with their alma mater. Young Alumnus of the Year is Chris Eldridge ’12 who has an impressive list of volunteer accomplishments for someone just out five years.
- A beautiful and moving tribute to our fallen alumni heroes at the Military Appreciation Reception hosted by retired Lt. Colonel Bob Babyok, USAF, class of 1967. Over 40 alumni veterans celebrating their reunion came to honor the College’s deceased military graduates. Included among the attendees was Lt. Col. Patty Larson Bolan ’77 who is currently stationed in Germany.
- The Makerspace allowed St. Mike’s alumni to “make it and take it” – wooden keychains in the shape of Vermont and vinyl stickers.
- Congolese student Alain Achinda, an information systems major, spoke to donors and volunteers about his experience as an international student at the Leadership Reception
- Alliot was packed on Friday for Surf and Turf with regional singer/songwriter Ryan Sweezey performing numerous covers and original music.
- Saturday morning the newly created Career Education and Alumni Engagement Center team hosted its first “Career Speed Networking” event in Dion that provided an opportunity for alumni to expand their professional network. For those who are seeking employment or are in a position to hire, or are just looking to engage with current students to help them in their post-graduate job search this is an event that will surely continue.
- The best weather of the weekend was Sunday morning for brunch and Mass and for saying goodbye and hitting the road.
“Thanks to everyone who came and we hope you had a great time!” says Angie Armour. For questions and comments about Reunion, please email Angie Armour at email@example.com