Baptisms at the Chapel of Saint Michael the Archangel
Congratulations on the newest member of your family! We feel honored that you chose to baptize your child at Saint Michael's. Please carefully review the guidelines and contact information.
The baptism should be celebrated in the home parish. Those wishing to celebrate the baptism of their child in the Chapel of Saint Michael the Archangel must meet the following requirements:
- Requests for baptism should be made in writing by the parents of the child to the Director of Edmundite Campus Ministry. Please include the desired date and time of baptism as well as the requested priest.
- The parents should have good pastoral reasons for having the baptism of their child at the College Chapel rather than in their home parish.
- There should be a formal relationship between the parents and the College. At least one parent must be either a current student, recent alumnus, or a member of the staff or faculty of the College. Children of faculty and staff are eligible if Saint Michael's College Chapel is presently their ordinary place of worship.
- Those requesting to celebrate the baptism of their child at the College Chapel should be practicing their faith.
- The parents must also forward a written letter or email to the Director of Edmundite Campus Ministry from their local pastor granting permission for the baptism to be held in the Chapel of Saint Michael the Archangel.
- Parents will need to meet with either a priest or deacon in their home parish or at Saint Michael's College for baptismal instruction prior to the baptism.
- Godparents (Sponsor) must be Confirmed Catholics and practicing their faith.
- Baptisms should normally not be celebrated during the season of Lent.
- It is customary to make a donation to Edmundite Campus Ministry to assist us in our ministry. Your generosity is very much appreciated. A stipend for the priest is not necessary.
For further information regarding baptisms, please contact Edmundite Campus Ministry at 802.654.2333.