Reunion 2023 a time for memories, honors, and a load of fun
It was a weekend to remember for 950 Saint Michael’s College alumni who returned for a glorious Reunion 2023 from Friday, June 2 through Sunday, June 4.
This Reunion was a special celebration for the Class of 1973, who came home after 50 years and had the honor of induction as Golden Knights on Friday evening. The 3s and 8s classes also enjoyed class events that night, at venues from Winooski to Burlington.
The Purple and Gold Brunch on Saturday highlighted the College’s outstanding alumni awardees, including seven Alumni of the Year and a posthumous award of the Fr. Mike Cronogue Award for Service for Chris Lee ’93, whom the SMC community lost too soon.
The Trustees also presented Saint Michael’s President Lorraine Sterritt with a check for just over a half-million dollars from all reunion classes.
The P-Knight Party on Saturday hosted more than 600 attendees on the 300s field enjoying food trucks, lawn games, axe throwing, and a stand-out performance from the band Purple, with front man and alumnus Craig Mitchell ’93 bringing down the house.
Fun continued through the night as alumni packed into the townhouses and enjoyed chicken patties served by RDs at the Late Knight Grill. The weekend closed out with a delicious farewell breakfast and Mass sending alumni on their way with full bellies and hearts.
It was evident all weekend that our alumni “do well and do good” and continue to cherish their connection to St. Mike’s and to one another. Check out YouTube for a reunion recap video created by Pat Bohan, Director of the Media Creation Studio and our Flickr account for photos from Reunion 2023. (Alumni also used the new studio to record remembrances).
Stephanie Snell, Director for Alumni and Family Engagement this year, who was enjoying while overseeing her first Reunion this year, said, “One of the best things we heard from alumni all weekend was ‘How can I help St. Mike’s?’ and we have plenty of ways to answer the question!”
Here is her list of suggestions:
- Continue to show your love for St. Mike’s by giving back financially now.
- Introduce a prospective student to St. Mike’s through our Nominate a Knight referral program. The student you nominate will receive a $1,000 Scholarship for each of their four years here.
- Review and rate St. Mike’s on Niche to boost our ratings and help students learn about the wonderful experience awaiting them as a future Purple Knight!
- Wear your St. Mike’s gear around your hometown. If you didn’t get a chance to get new swag at the bookstore last weekend you can purchase your gear online. They are also open weekdays in the summer from 9 am – 4 pm if you’re local to campus.
- Join the conversation on SMC Connect! Current students, new graduates, and fellow alumni are part of the community and looking for new connections. Log in or create your account today!