Saint Michael’s may not be located in a major city, but our community is still a vibrant, diverse hub of international energy. Students and professors from around the world come to Saint Mike’s to be a part of life here.
For international prospective students, the admission process is supplemented with a few additional documents. If you are interested in applying, please follow the admission procedures for the program to which you are applying.
- You must complete the International Applicants section of the Graduate Application.
- You must submit a bank statement, or financial certification from your employer, verifying that you have sufficient financial resources to provide for your academic and personal expenses while attending Saint Michael’s.
- You must submit a photocopy of your passport page showing the correct spelling of your name and date of birth. I-20s cannot be prepared without this or your financial statement.
- If you are not a US citizen or resident, you must enter the US on a student visa (F-1).
- If your native language is not English, you must submit verification that you have achieved the minimum test score on an approved test for English proficiency, listed below.
Required Test Scores
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): 550 pbTOEFL/ 79 ibTOEFL
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): 6.5
Saint Michael’s TOEFL code: 3757
International Conditional Admittance
If your English is not strong enough to embark on a full-time Master’s Program in TESOL, but your other application documentation is acceptable, Saint Michael’s may offer you conditional admittance into its MATESOL program. Conditional admission means that you must complete our MATESOL Pathway Program (formerly GAEP) or supply the required TOEFL/IELTS results before transferring to the Master’s program.
Please note that we require English language translations of foreign transcripts by the issuing institution. We reserve the right to request an applicant to submit evaluation(s) of official transcript(s) by an approved outside agency that verifies the attainment of the equivalent of a Bachelor’s Degree if needed.
International graduate students are required to make a $500 deposit to confirm their enrollment in the program. This deposit is refundable (minus a $100 processing fee) in the event that a visa is not received. The deposit amount will be applied to the student’s tuition. Deposits may be made online.
You will need your SMC ID number to deposit online. If you do not have your ID, please contact ApplySMC@smcvt.edu.