Center for the Environment
Research. Contemplation. Action.
Developing environmentally conscious citizens as leaders, advocates, scientists, artists, humanitarians, thinkers & business people.
With over 400 acres of land to learn from, the Center for the Environment has plenty of space to explore stewardship, research and outreach in outdoor classrooms.
The Center for the Environment aims to create a campus where the community can live and work sustainably by using our natural space to educate students, faculty and staff.
Stay Current with the Center
Watch "Braiding Sweetgrass" Webinar
Check out the webinar by "Braiding Sweetgrass" author Robin Wall KimmererWatch Now
New and Noteworthy from the Center
Check out the recent newsletter from the Center for the Environment to stay up to date.Read More
Check out the work students have created with the Center for the EnvironmentSee More
The Center for the Environment strives to...
Prepare students to think and act critically, creatively to tackle the world’s most complex issues as environmental leaders - locally and globally.
Evolve the culture of sustainability on campus and in our community as a legacy for future generations.
Foster connections between our students and learning opportunities in our community, state, and around the globe.
Latest News on the Center
- Saint Michael’s advances formal ties with university in Wales, UK
- Student organizes winter clothing drive with MOVE support
- Nearly 300 in hybrid audience interact with First-Year Seminar Common Text author Robin Kimmerer
- Tree-giveaway surplus leads to windfall for Saint Michael’s
- Photo Gallery: Student volunteers visit the Farm