Student Health Insurance
Domestic Students/U.S. Residents
Saint Michael’s College requires that every full-time undergraduate student enrolled in 12 or more credits have medical insurance coverage- either a personal policy, or the one offered by the College. Students are automatically enrolled in the Saint Michael’s Student Health Insurance program and charged the annual premium without exception unless they are already covered under another policy and complete the online Medical Insurance Waiver Form by the published deadline. Graduate students may enroll in the insurance plan directly with WellFleet.
Students that purchase the WellFleet coverage can print insurance cards from their WellFleet account but will also receive a hard copy mailed to their home address.
The deadline to waive the Saint Michael’s Student Insurance Plan for the 2019-2020 school year has passed.
Spring 2020 transfer students should contact Student Financial Services if they wish to purchase health insurance through the college. The Spring 2020 Insurance rate is $1,115.
The 2019-2020 annual premium for the SMC Student Health Insurance Plan is $1,814.
The 2020-2021 annual premium for the SMC Student Health Insurance Plan is TBD.
For additional information including coverage details, premium rates for spouses and dependents and claim forms, visit WellFleet Insurance.
Domestic Undergraduate Student Waiver:
(Please note the waiver is closed for the 2019/20 year)
- Please have your current insurance card on hand to complete the waiver information.
- Go to WellFleet Insurance and see “Enroll/Waive” and select “Waive-Undergraduate Students”.
- Create an Account to Waive Insurance-Enter student’s SMC ID #, student’s name, Date of Birth, SMC email address and password to create an account to log in to the waiver.
- Log in to the Waiver with the newly created WellFleet Account and continue to complete the waiver.
- Complete information on Waiver, selecting your insurance carrier from the drop down menu. If you do not see it listed, choose “Other” and enter your carrier’s information.
- Confirm you completed the process by checking your email (check spam folder too) for a confirmation email. If you did not receive the email, your waiver did not fully process and you must repeat the process. Save the confirmation email for your records.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or 1-802-654-3243.
Domestic Graduate Students- Enroll:
- Go to WellFleet Insurance and see “Enroll/Waive” and select “Enroll – Domestic Graduate Students”.
- Select coverage for the student and pay for insurance.
- If you wish to enroll a spouse or dependents, log in and choose to add members and complete payment.
International undergraduate and graduate students are enrolled in the WellFleet Student Health Insurance Plan and may submit a waiver request to Melissa Holzman, International Student Advisor, for approval prior to August 30, 2020. Students will be charged the Spring 2020 insurance rate of $1,115 unless a waiver is received by Jan. 31, 2020.
The 2019-2020 plan premium is $1,814 and will be billed to your SMC student account.
The 2020-2021 plan premium is TBD and will be billed to your SMC student account.
Students can print their insurance cards from their WellFleet account but will also receive a hard copy in mid-September.
International students may request a waiver of the insurance requirement if they have existing health insurance coverage which:
- Is valid in the United States from August 23, 2020 through at least May 18, 2021 AND;
- Provides coverage of at least:
- $100,000 accident or illness;
- $25,000 repatriation;
- and $50,000 medical evacuation AND;
- Has an accident/illness deductible not exceeding $500