Student Health Insurance
Domestic Students/U.S. Residents
Saint Michael’s College requires that every full-time undergraduate student enrolled in 12 or more credits have medical insurance coverage- either a personal policy, or the one offered by the College. Students are automatically enrolled in the Saint Michael’s Student Health Insurance program and charged the annual premium without exception unless they are already covered under another policy and complete the online Medical Insurance Waiver Form by August 26, 2022. Graduate students may enroll in the insurance plan directly with WellFleet.
Students that purchase the WellFleet coverage can print insurance cards from their WellFleet account but will also receive a hard copy mailed to their home address.
Spring 2023 transfer students should contact Student Financial Services if they wish to purchase health insurance through the college. The Spring 2023 Insurance rate is $1,281.
The 2022-2023 annual premium for the SMC Student Health Insurance Plan is $2,088. The current Spring 2023 insurance rate is $1,281. Updated amounts will be provided in late spring of 2023.
For additional information including coverage details, premium rates for spouses and dependents and claim forms, visit WellFleet Insurance.
Domestic Undergraduate Student Waiver:
- Please have your current insurance card on hand to complete the waiver information.
- Go to WellFleet Insurance and select “Enroll”.
- Complete information on Waiver, selecting your insurance carrier from the drop down menu. If you do not see it listed, choose “Other” and enter your carrier’s information.
- Confirm you completed the process by checking your email (check spam folder too) for a confirmation email. If you did not receive the email, your waiver did not fully process and you must repeat the process. Save the confirmation email for your records.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Domestic Graduate Students- Enroll:
- Go to WellFleet Insurance and see “Enroll” and select “Enroll – Domestic Graduate Students”.
- Select coverage for the student and pay for insurance.
- If you wish to enroll a spouse or dependents, log in and choose to add members and complete payment.
If you are an International Student, click here for Health Insurance information.