Student Health Insurance
Domestic Students/U.S. Residents
Saint Michael’s College requires that every full-time undergraduate student enrolled in 12 or more credits have medical insurance coverage- either a personal policy, or the one offered by the College. Students are automatically enrolled in the Saint Michael’s Student Health Insurance program and charged the annual premium without exception unless they are already covered under another policy and complete the online Medical Insurance Waiver Form by the published deadline. Graduate students may enroll in the insurance plan directly with WellFleet.
Students that purchase the WellFleet coverage can print insurance cards from their WellFleet account but will also receive a hard copy mailed to their home address.
Spring 2023 transfer students should contact Student Financial Services if they wish to purchase health insurance through the college. The Spring 2022 Insurance rate is $1,223.
The 2021-2022 annual premium for the SMC Student Health Insurance Plan is $1,994. The current Spring 2022 insurance rate is $1,223. Updated amounts will be provided in late spring of 2023.
For additional information including coverage details, premium rates for spouses and dependents and claim forms, visit WellFleet Insurance.
Domestic Undergraduate Student Waiver:
- Please have your current insurance card on hand to complete the waiver information.
- Go to WellFleet Insurance and select “Enroll”.
- Complete information on Waiver, selecting your insurance carrier from the drop down menu. If you do not see it listed, choose “Other” and enter your carrier’s information.
- Confirm you completed the process by checking your email (check spam folder too) for a confirmation email. If you did not receive the email, your waiver did not fully process and you must repeat the process. Save the confirmation email for your records.
- Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Domestic Graduate Students- Enroll:
- Go to WellFleet Insurance and see “Enroll” and select “Enroll – Domestic Graduate Students”.
- Select coverage for the student and pay for insurance.
- If you wish to enroll a spouse or dependents, log in and choose to add members and complete payment.
International undergraduate and graduate students are enrolled in the WellFleet Student Health Insurance Plan and may submit a waiver request to Jeffrey Ayres, Director of the Center for Global Engagement, for approval to waive the 2022-2023 annual insurance plan prior to mid-August 2022.
The 2021-2022 annual premium for the SMC Student Health Insurance Plan is $1,994. The current Spring 2022 insurance rate is $1,223. Updated amounts will be provided in late spring of 2022.
Students can print their insurance cards from their WellFleet account but will also receive a hard copy in mid-September.
International students may request a waiver of the insurance requirement if they have existing health insurance coverage which:
- Is valid in the United States from August 17, 2022 through at least May 23, 2023 AND;
- Provides coverage of at least:
- $100,000 accident or illness;
- $25,000 repatriation;
- and $50,000 medical evacuation AND;
- Has an accident/illness deductible not exceeding $500