Transfer Student Requirements
To be accepted as a transfer student at Saint Michael’s College, you must be in good academic and administrative standing at your former or present institution.
Provided the courses correspond to offerings at Saint Michael’s, credit may be transferred for work completed at accredited colleges with a grade of C- or better*. We will need to receive an official transcript of such credits prior to admission in order for them to be considered.
- Please note, we will accept transfer courses graded with “Pass” at other insitutions for the Spring 2020 semester only.
Keep in mind, some students may need to pass an examination to determine his/her readiness to enter a course or program.
As a transfer student, your advanced standing will be officially recorded by the registrar once you have successfully completed one full year at Saint Michael’s College. Because each student’s situation is different, we will work with you to determine the remaining requirements you will need to fulfill to graduate from Saint Michael’s College.
- All transfer students must be in residence at least one year preceding graduation
- Minimum of 32 credits must have been earned at Saint Michael’s College, including at least 16 credits in your major
- A maximum of four courses may transfer to count toward the major
- 24 of the final 32 credits must be taken at Saint Michael’s College