Feeling overwhelmed as you approach senior year?
The Career Staff invites you to make an appointment with one of us early in your senior year to get a jump start on your post-graduation plans. The job search or graduate school application process takes time, persistence, and hard work. The checklist provided will assist you in preparing your post-graduation plans. Feel free to call on us. We are here to help.
- Visit smcvt.edu/career or the Career Education page on the Portal
- Access your Handshake account (login with your Mikenet credentials)
- Meet with a career coach and develop career objectives
- Complete an internship or research
- Refine interviewing skills for jobs, graduate school, and more
- Sign up on the Career Education listserv through the Portal
- Update your resumé and LinkedIn profile
- Career Symposium, 2020 date TBD
- Boston and New York Career Seminars in January
- Informational interviews and job shadowing experiences
- Networking events, all year
TO GET A JOB
- Network, network, network – with alumni, family, friends, current and former employers, coaches, advisors, faculty and more
- Connect with employers and job search through LinkedIn
- Apply to graduate school
- Visit Handshake and other job search websites
- Request 3-5 references from professors, advisors, employers, or coaches
- Interview with on-campus and off-campus recruiters
- Ask for help – that’s what the Career Education Center is for!