Saint Michael's is still accepting transfer applications for Fall 2017
If you’re looking to make a change in your college experience, consider transferring to Saint Michael's College where an inviting community is ready to welcome you and help provide a smooth transition.
Transfer Admission Requirements
To be accepted as a transfer student at Saint Michael's College, you must be in good academic and administrative standing at your former or present institution.
Provided the courses correspond to offerings at Saint Michael's, credit may be transferred for work completed at accredited colleges with a grade of C- or better. We will need to receive an official transcript of such credits prior to admission in order for them to be considered.
Keep in mind, some students may need to pass an examination to determine his/her readiness to enter a course or program.
As a transfer student, your advanced standing will be officially recorded by the registrar once you have successfully completed one full year at Saint Michael's College. Because each student’s situation is different, we will work with you to determine the remaining requirements you will need to fulfill to graduate from Saint Michael's College.
• All transfer students must be in residence at least two years preceding graduation
• Minimum of 64 credits must have been earned at Saint Michael's College, including at least 18 credits in your major
• A maximum of four courses may transfer to count toward the major
• 24 of the final 32 credits must be taken at Saint Michael's College
Transfer Application Deadlines
Spring 2017 Enrollment – December 1
Fall 2017 Enrollment – April 1
To apply as a new transfer candidate, you must submit the following:
1. Common Application (Transfer form).
2. Saint Michael's College Member Questions and Writing Supplement Sections
3. $50 application fee (Waived if you visit campus prior to submitting your application.)
4. Official final high school transcript
5. SAT or ACT scores (optional)
6. Official college transcript(s)
7. Transfer College Report (available on Common Application)
Transfer applicants should submit the undergraduate application, indicating all previous course work and accounting for time spent away from formal education. Transfer applicants are not required to submit test scores or professor recommendations but they will be considered if included with the application. You may be asked to submit a mid-semester grade report during the decision process.
Re-applicants: If you have applied to Saint Michael's College in the last two years, you may reapply by submitting the following:
• Application Reactivation Form
• Final high school transcript
• Official college transcript(s)
• College Report
Financial Aid and Scholarships
All accepted transfer candidates are automatically considered for generous merit-based scholarships in recognition of academic achievement and promise. The transfer student merit scholarships listed below are awarded based on college GPA.
Each student can be awarded only one transfer merit scholarship. If a student were to qualify for more than one, the more prestigious scholarship would be awarded.
In addition to the merit scholarships listed below:
• Students who submit the FAFSA are automatically considered for need-based aid: Saint Michael's and federal grants
, student loans
• Students who have been inducted into the Phi Theta Kappa National Honor Society automatically qualify for an additional $2,000 Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship (renewed annually)
Named in honor of Saint Edmund who was Archbishop of Canterbury, the Canterbury Scholarship recognizes transfer students with the highest level of academic excellence. The Canterbury Scholarship is valued at $20,000 per year and is awarded to transfer students with a college GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
Named in honor of the Very Reverend Amand Prevel, first President of Saint Michael's College, the Prevel Scholarship recognizes transfer students with high academic achievement. The Prevel Scholarship is valued at $17,000 per year and is awarded to transfer students with a college GPA of between 3.0 and 3.49 on a 4.0 scale.
Purple and Gold Award
The Purple and Gold Award is awarded to transfer students based on demonstrated academic achievement and potential and is valued at $14,000 per year.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Senior Associate Director of Admission and Transfer Coordinator