The Saint Michael’s Edmundite Grant is a need-based grant awarded in consideration of financial need as determined by the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), other financial resources for which the student is eligible and academic merit.
Students admitted for Fall 2021 who submit the FAFSA will be automatically considered for the Edmundite Grant. The FAFSA is the only application required to be considered for need-based aid at Saint Michael’s. Submit the 2021-22 FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1, 2020 and before our March 1, 2021 priority deadline.
Unlike our merit scholarships which are automatically renewed each year for students enrolled full time in good standing, Edmundite Grant awards are subject to change:
- If there are any changes/corrections to the information reported on your FAFSA;
- If you receive Federal or State Grants not listed in your financial aid award or if the actual amount of Federal or State Grants differs from estimates listed on your financial aid award;
- If you are eligible for tuition remission, tuition exchange; Veterans Educational Benefits or any other full-tuition scholarship;
- If you receive additional grant or scholarship awards from Saint Michael’s College
- If you receive local scholarships which when combined with other grants, scholarships and need-based funds, exceed your financial need as determined based on the FAFSA.
Edmundite Grant awards and eligibility are re-evaluated annually and may change based on changes to your financial need as determined using the FAFSA expected family contribution. To ensure consideration for the Edmundite Grant award, be sure to submit the FAFSA online at studentaid.gov each year after October 1st and before our March 1st priority deadline for the following school year.
Campus Visit Grant
Students who make an official visit to Saint Michael’s College between April 1 of their sophomore year and May 1 of their senior year are awarded a $1,500 Campus Visit Grant, applied toward full-time tuition, when they enroll.
In addition to visiting campus, an eligible student must gain acceptance to Saint Michael’s College and submit an enrollment deposit by May 1 of their enrolling year. The grant is renewable for four years if the student remains enrolled full-time and in good standing.
Please note: Students whose full tuition is covered by a full-tuition scholarship, tuition remission, VA education benefits or a combination of scholarships which meet or exceed full tuition are ineligible for the Campus Visit Grant.
Federal Pell and Federal SEOG Grants are awarded based on financial need based on criteria set by the federal government. To be considered for Federal Pell and SEOG Grants submit the FAFSA online at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa. SEOG Grant funding is limited and funds are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. To ensure consideration for all available funds, submit your FAFSA and any requested documentation as soon as possible after October 1st for the following school year.
Students are encouraged to apply for State Grants. If you reside in one of the following states you may be eligible to apply for grant or other funding from the state. Please follow the links below for additional information.