All international undergraduate students are eligible to receive scholarships awarded by Saint Michael’s College. Students may not receive more than one category of scholarship, and if they are awarded more they will receive the scholarship with the greatest value.
International undergraduate students are eligible to receive merit-based scholarships from Saint Michael’s College. International scholarships are valued between $2,000 and 60% of tuition. They are determined by assessing a students’ potential for success at Saint Michael’s College. To apply for a merit based scholarship, simply indicate this on the application.
The items below help determine your scholarship’s amount.
High School Transcripts
We will want to see that you are capable of academic work. We are also interested in how well you did in secondary school compared with your peers. If you have received a poor grade in secondary school, this is not necessarily a bad thing, though we will look for signs of hard work and improvement.
Do you have any particular athletic or musical achievements? What about other activities such as clubs? Did you play a leadership role inside or outside of school? There is place in the application to indicate these things. You may also talk about them in your writing sample.
We’d like to know if you’re a good writer. We also encourage you to use the writing sample for sharing some important information about yourself, your interests, and your experiences.
SAT scores are not required from international students for admission to Saint Michael’s College. But, if you choose to provide them, we will take them into account.
Don’t be late. We recommend that all students who wish to be considered for a scholarship to apply no later than:
- May 1 for the fall semester, and
- November 7 for the spring semester.
Late applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship recognizes international students who have a vision for enhancing intercultural understanding. Saint Michael’s College will award up to five renewable scholarships covering 60% tuition for the 2020-2021 academic year. The scholarship is open to students of all academic majors.
- Be entering Saint Michael’s College as a first-year undergraduate international student. An international student holds citizenship in a country outside the United States and does not possess US citizenship or permanent residency.
- Demonstrate interest and personal initiative in activities involving intercultural learning and exchange,
- Demonstrate financial resources for the remaining expenses not covered by the scholarship.
- Apply for direct undergraduate admission to Saint Michael’s College
- Download and complete a one-page #YouAreWelcomeHereScholarship Application and email it to Admission@smcvt.edu when you submit your Saint Michael’s College application
- If awarded a scholarship, you must claim it by submitting a tuition deposit to Saint Michael’s College by June1.
The #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship will not be awarded in addition to other Saint Michael’s College scholarships. Of course, students are welcome to apply for additional outside scholarships that are not awarded by Saint Michael’s College.
The recipients of Book Awards are nominated by their secondary school. Book awards are renewable four-year scholarships ranging from $13,000/year and full tuition. Ask your guidance counselor if your school participates in this program.
IB Diploma holders will receive a renewable merit scholarship of $18,000/year or more depending on their score. Saint Michael’s College offers a comprehensive admission policy for IB students. For students who do not complete the diploma, scores in IB courses of 4 or higher will have a positive impact on scholarship awards.
Scholarships are awarded to pathway students who successfully complete the Academic English Program and transfer to our undergraduate program. Award amounts depend on performance in high school and at Saint Michael’s College.
Don’t be late. Students students who wish to be considered for a scholarship must apply before the dates below. Late applications are accepted on a case-by-case basis. Write Admission@SMCVT.edu if you wish to submit a late application. Please note that some specific scholarships may have different deadlines, which must be adhered to.
- May 1 (for the Fall Semester), and
- November 7 (for the Spring Semester).