Transfer Credits from High School or University
IP, AB and University Credits
There are various ways to receive credit or advanced standing at Saint Michael’s College. Click on the options below to learn more. If you don’t see your program listed and believe you may be eligible for advanced standing or academic credit, contact the International Enrollment team.
Students who expect to complete the IB Diploma program or who complete individual IB courses will receive special recognition regarding admission and scholarship decisions, and are strongly encouraged to apply. More information will be found here.
A comprehensive list of Advanced Placement scores that Saint Michael’s accepts for credit are available here.
Students earning grades of A, B, or C on Advanced Level (A-Level) exams may be eligible to earn transfer credit. Saint Michael’s College will not award transfer credit for AS or O-level exams. More information is available here.
International students may transfer credits or receive advanced standing for courses taken at another university or college located overseas or in the United States.
To apply for your credits to be transferred simply submit a completed application for direct or conditional admission to the undergraduate program with supporting materials, including secondary school transcripts, university transcripts, a personal statement, and recommendation.
An unofficial estimate of transferable credits will usually be provided within 3-7 days along with an admission decision. Students may decide to enroll at this point.
Each academic department reserves the right to make a final judgment on credits or advanced standing upon meeting the student and assessing their knowledge in a particular subject.
Upon Receipt of a Complete Application Package
- An admission and scholarship decision will be rendered within 1-2 weeks.
- Student will receive unofficial tally of credits that will transfer to Saint Michael’s College.
- To reserve a space and receive an I-20 form, students must pay a deposit of $500.
- Saint Michael’s College will obtain an official credit evaluation at no additional charge, provided the student has paid a deposit and not yet started their academic program.
- To expedite this process, students may arrange to send transcripts at any time to an accrediting agency at his or her own expense.
Additional transcripts may be submitted to Saint Michael’s registrar at any time for additional consideration. In this case, the student will be responsible for obtaining the credit evaluation.