Saint Michael’s College presents diplomas to students upon completion of their degree requirements (May, August or December) and after approval of the Board of Trustees. The college does not keep copies of diplomas presented.

Occasionally it happens that a graduate may want a replacement diploma because the original was lost or damaged or because of a name change. Replacement diplomas can be requested through the Registrar’s Office.

If the replacement diploma is desired because of change in name, the Registrar’s Office will require documentation such as a copy of a court order or a copy of a marriage license.

To request a replacement diploma the graduate should send a letter to the Registrar’s Office at Saint Michael’s College including the following information…

  • The graduate's name
  • College ID number or Social Security Number
  • Date of graduation
  • Degree received
  • Instructions on how the name should be printed on the diploma (e.g., Mary A. Smith or Mary Anne Smith)
  • The address to which the diploma should be mailed
  • A signature of the graduate authorizing the diploma reprint

Enclose with this letter a $25.00 check payable to Saint Michael’s College. Allow four weeks for delivery.

Replacement diplomas display the signatures of the current Saint Michael’s president and academic vice-president, but show the original date of the award.

Learn What Matters