FAQ’s & How-To’s


Fill out the Transfer Credit Pre-Approval Request Form, available on the Registrar page in the mySMC portal. Provide the information requested and submit the form. A Registrar’s Office staff member will follow up with course pre-approval information.

Yes, but not from information provided by your high school or on your high school transcript. You must request that the college through which you took the course(s) send an official transcript to the SMC Registrar’s Office. Electronic official transcripts are widely available, and are typically most efficient. They should be emailed to registrar@smcvt.edu. Hard copy (paper transcripts) can be mailed to us at:

Registrar’s Office
SMC Box 3
One Winooski Park
Colchester, VT 05439

Non-degree (or non-matriculated) students may enroll in undergraduate and/or graduate SMC courses on a space available basis. All course enrollments are subject to approval by the Registrar’s Office and/or the offering department. The first step to enrolling as a non-degree student is to fill out the Non-Matriculated Student Application Form, also available on the Registrar’s Office Forms section of this site.