Financial Aid Checklist
Financial Aid Checklist
While some items below may not apply to all students, we recommend that you review all information carefully.
Carefully review your financial aid award.
Submit your $500 enrollment deposit to Saint Michael’s by May 1
By July 10, notify Student Financial Services of all outside scholarships you receive.
- E-mail outside scholarship information to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Forward copies of scholarship award letters to Student Financial Services, One Winooski Park, Box 4 Colchester, VT 05439
Review outstanding financial aid requirements and provide requested documentation
- Financial aid requirements are listed in KnightVision under the Communication tab.
- Provide requested information as promptly as possible so we can finalize your financial aid eligibility.
Accept student loans and/or work study online via KnightVision
- Access your KnightVision account via the mySMC Portal
- In KnightVision, select Financial Aid and Accept or reject financial aid awards
If your award includes a Federal Direct Student Loan and you choose to accept it:
- Go to https://studentaid.gov/h/complete-aid-process.
- Complete online Loan Entrance Counseling.
- Complete the online Subsidized/Unsubsidized Master Promissory Note.
If your parent will borrow a Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan, the parent borrower should:
- Go to https://studentaid.gov/plus-app/parent/landing
- Complete the online PLUS Loan Request, so only one application is needed, it is suggested that you request the amount needed for both fall and spring semesters.
- Complete the PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note.
If you choose to borrow a private loan:
- Learn about private student loans
- Apply for a private student loan with a lender of your choice
If you plan to enroll in a tuition payment plan, enroll online through CashNet.
Complete the Student Health Insurance Waiver
- Deadline: August 13th, 2021
- Students will be enrolled in the 2021-22 SMC Student Health Insurance Plan and charged the annual premium automatically unless a valid waiver is completed by the deadline.
- Learn more
- Tuition refund insurance can minimize the financial impact of a full withdrawal for a covered medical reason
- Enroll by August 30, 2021 for Fall 2021 through Spring 2022 coverage.
Request 529/educational savings plan distributions
- Request distributions directly from your plan administrator
- Please allow 2-3 weeks for payment to be received
Review and settle your bill
- Fall 2021 bills will be issued in mid-July and due date is August 13th, 2021.
- Spring 2022 payment is due January 14, 2022
- Bills are issued electronically through the Self-Service portal and an email notification is issued to the student and any authorized proxies.
- Accepted and finalized financial aid will be reflected on the bill, except for work-study or student employment.
- Online payments (e-check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover) may also be made via the Online Payment Center.