Details About Housing

First of all, think green! The environment is important to St. Mike’s so do your best to bring reusable items and talk to your roommate ahead of time so you don’t have more than one fridge, microwave or TV in your room. You can’t paint the walls or make permanent changes to your room but otherwise, your creativity is the limit to how you personalize your space.

Check out the SMC Campus Store website to reserve a gently-used dorm fridge and/or microwave at a major discount. Visit the Center for the Environment’s Instagram page for more move-in tips!

2023-2024 Housing Quick Reference Guide

Access to Residence Halls

Halls are locked 24 hours a day/seven days a week. Please remember to keep your keys with you at all times. All residence halls on campus can be accessed with your Knight Card. Additionally, students living in Aubin and Cronogue Halls can access their suites and apartments with their Knight Card and will receive a key to your bedroom. In all other residential areas, you will be issued a key for your townhouse or suite along with your individual room.

New Student Roommate Requests for Fall Semester

We will do our best to accommodate mutual roommate requests. New students requesting to room together must request each other via the housing application by June 15, 2023.

Room Size

Approximate standard double room sizes are as follows:
Alumni Hall = 198 square feet

Window Size

Sizes vary by floor, room and building. We suggest waiting until you arrive before buying curtains. Blinds are provided for bedroom windows.


Elevators are located only in Canterbury Hall, Cashman Hall, Pontigny Hall, and Aubin Hall. Dion Family Student Center and Aubin Hall elevators also allow access to Alumni Hall. During Move-In, student orientation leaders assist families/students in moving belongings into their rooms.

Twin Bed Size

Standard twin-size beds (36 x 76) are provided. Extra long twin-size beds (36 x 80) are available by request. All requests must be made to the Student Life Office ( in writing no later than June 15, 2023.


For your convenience, the SMC Residence Hall Association has partnered with Dormify to provide an easy, affordable way to purchase linens, storage solutions, and other accessories you’ll need (and want) for your new home away from home. Please visit to get move-in day ready!


Small refrigerators (approximately four-five cubic feet) are allowed in residence hall rooms. Students must provide their own refrigerators.


Low-voltage microwaves (700 watts or less) are allowed in residential rooms. Glass bottles are prohibited in residence halls and living areas.


Washing machines and dryers are located in the basements of all first-year areas and are operated by the student’s Knight Card. There is a laundry service available through the Campus Store. For information, visit


Lofts are available for rent from outside vendors during Move-In Weekend. For more information, go to

What if I have a special housing request?

Returning students must complete the Individual Accommodation form located on Residence prior to Room Selection for the following year.  If you are an incoming student to the fall semester and have any special and/or medical needs or requests that would impact your housing placement or would need some accommodations, please email no later than June 15, 2023 and we will send you an Individual Accommodation Request Form to complete and return to us.

Please note that requests that are medical in nature require supporting documentation from a physician. Specific questions about medical requests can be directed to the Bergeron Wellness Center at (802) 654-2234 and documentation can be faxed to (802) 654-2699.