Start with SOAR
Join Us for SOAR this summer!
The SOAR Summer Bridge Program will take place from Friday, August 18 through Tuesday, August 22.
Students will have cultural and social opportunities to get to know themselves and their peers, as well as get acquainted with campus and St. Mike’s community, and will have opportunities to explore the local greater Burlington area.
What is the SOAR Summer Bridge Program?
SOAR is a highly selective program designed for incoming first-year students who are interested in spending time with diverse, international, and multilingual people while learning how to make their first year at Saint Michael’s College rewarding and successful. Typically, most participants identify as BIPOC, first-generation college-bound, and/or international students.
Through SOAR you will:
- Meet and learn from peers before the academic year begins.
- Travel to and experience local areas in Vermont.
- Meet deans, advisors, and directors on campus, including Bergeron Wellness, Adventure Sports Center, and more.
- Participate in outdoor activities through the Adventure Sports Center.
- Start getting comfortable with the St. Mike’s campus.
- Gain cultural understanding along with peers and staff.
- Build connections with fellow first-year students.